View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001514||OpenMPT||Audio I/O||public||2021-10-24 17:24||2021-12-18 16:54|
|Reporter||ASIKWUSpulse||Assigned To||Saga Musix|
|Product Version||OpenMPT 1.30.00.* (old testing)|
|Target Version||OpenMPT 1.30.01.00 / libopenmpt 0.6.0 (upgrade first)||Fixed in Version||OpenMPT 1.30.01.00 / libopenmpt 0.6.0 (upgrade first)|
|Summary||0001514: Busy playing with midi-keyboard input causes freeze|
Seems to always happen after a while of busy playing with a lot of mix-channels live, but it has also happened once clearly when accidentally bumping a key while others were held, released or pressed at the same time. Feels like it could be some sort of event handling error or queue overflow among the audio buffer or the sound engine, but I'm not sure.
|Steps To Reproduce|
Use the settings below or something close to these settings, while playing busy things like chords for a while. The bump is somewhat harder to do, because it requires a physical hyperfast bump of the key-switch in the keyboard.
I used a Yamaha Reface DX last time it happened (which was today 24/10-2021), but it has also happened before when I used a M-Audio Keystation 32 mk1, so I highly doubt the type of keyboard matters
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Has the bug occurred in previous versions?||Yes (can't recall when, but it hasn't always happened)|
|Tested code revision (in case you know it)||r15811|
When it freezes, please open Task Manager, right-click the process and choose "Create dump file" and upload the generated DMP file somewhere (be sure to compress it with 7z, which will greatly reduce the size). Without the memory dump, it's hard to tell what's going on as I've never encountered an issue like this (might be an issue in the driver itself). Please keep using the same OpenMPT version for this.
Sometime after your message I tried repeating the cause of the issue.
Caught the fly in the trap today. Dumpfile is still too big to upload here after compression, so it has been posted to Saga Musix directly.
Parameters that were different to the stated settings in issue:
Thanks, I think I have identified a missing lock in the MIDI code to be the most likely culprit.
This should be fixed in r16185.
|2021-10-24 17:24||ASIKWUSpulse||New Issue|
|2021-10-24 17:37||Saga Musix||Note Added: 0004891|
|2021-10-28 15:44||ASIKWUSpulse||Note Added: 0004892|
|2021-12-18 11:34||ASIKWUSpulse||Note Added: 0004952|
|2021-12-18 11:39||ASIKWUSpulse||Note Added: 0004953|
|2021-12-18 16:37||Saga Musix||Note Added: 0004954|
|2021-12-18 16:37||Saga Musix||Assigned To||=> Saga Musix|
|2021-12-18 16:37||Saga Musix||Status||new => assigned|
|2021-12-18 16:45||Saga Musix||Target Version||=> OpenMPT 1.30.01.00 / libopenmpt 0.6.0 (upgrade first)|
|2021-12-18 16:53||Saga Musix||Note Added: 0004955|
|2021-12-18 16:54||Saga Musix||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2021-12-18 16:54||Saga Musix||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2021-12-18 16:54||Saga Musix||Fixed in Version||=> OpenMPT 1.30.01.00 / libopenmpt 0.6.0 (upgrade first)|